During the School Holiday’s(apart from when we are closed over Christmas), we have lots of different activities to help keep your children entertained! Plus lots of time for the adults to keep fit and have fun too!
Come and have a whale of a time!! Click here for details of individual holidays.
Intensive Crash Courses
Our crash courses run from Monday to Friday every week of the holidays. They are 30 minutes long every morning; 9-9.30am for improvers/lengths swimmers and 9.30-10am for our beginners/widths swimmers.The week’s course is an excellent way to develop all aspectsin your child’s swimming ability in which we believe you will notice more of an improvement by having a lesson every day for a week. They also helpto secure water confidence and self belief in their abilities to stay safe whilst swimming, as well asmaking sure they have lots of fun too! Small classes with a max of 7 swimmers per teacher, with the swimmers arranged according to their ability for ages 3 years old and over.
During the school holidays we have fun swims on every day for children and families of all ages and abilities with each session lasting for 2 hours – Yes that’s 2 hours of fun, with lots of toys in the pool such as large rafts, surf boards, balls, watering cans etc to ensure you all have a ‘whale’ of a time!
It’s a great way to meet up with friends/family and have lots of fun together; all the while the children are improving their confidence in the water without the structure of a lesson.
It’s important to note that at swimming tales we have inflatable armbands to borrow for any child that need them, however we don’t have enough for all so please bring your own or if not you can purchase them from our shop at the pool.
Fun swim session times:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 11am – 1pm
Wednesday and Thursday 2pm – 4pm
Sunday 11.30 – 3pm
Please check our holiday timetable for up to date information which is specific to each school break.
Inflatable Fun Swims
As well as our normal fun swims, we also have two sessions a week where we get our large inflatable’s out for the children to have lots of fun on. We have two different inflatable’s which are for different age groups; our smaller inflatable being for children aged 10 years and under, and our larger inflatable for children aged 8-12 years.
Tuesdays 2 – 3pm and Fridays 3 – 4pm; for the 8 – 12 years age group
Tuesdays 3 – 4pm and Fridays 2 – 3pm; for the 10 years and under age group
Specialised Swimming Activities
Some school holidays we run specialised come and try sessions where your children can have lots of fun trying something different and learning a new skill ready for your summer holidays.
• Snorkelling: Get ready for your summer holidays by learning the basic snorkelling techniques. Great fun for children of all ages, with all equipment provided. Specialised sessions run subject to demand and by qualified instructors. All those wishing to participate must be able to swim 25m or more.
• Scuba Diving : Want to know what it’s like being able to breath under water? Come and have a ‘try dive’ in the safe, fun and warm environment of our pool for 8 year olds and over. We work in conjunction with the well-known Dive Odyssea team. You will have a brief but thorough chat about the safety aspects and once you’re happy with that, we take you diving wearing the full SCUBA kit. We’ll show you just how easy it is to breath underwater and then we’ll play a few games and have a bit of a laugh. Participants must be able to swim 25m or more.
• Synchronised Swimming: Love Swimming? Love dancing? Then you will love this!!! A basic introduction to Synchronised swimming skills which children will absolutely love as well as helping them take their techniques and confidence in the water one step further, whilst also improving stamina, and encouraging a sense of team spirit. At the end of the 2 hour session, as a group, the participants will get the chance to show off their new synchronised routine.
• Rookie Life Saving: Are your children safe around water? Do they know how to help in an emergency? Or do they know how to help themselves in the water in case they get into trouble? Let them learn what to do in our fun mini life-saving class which teaches basic life-saving skills. For children 7 years and over plus must have 25m+ swimming badge.
• Swim Camp: Need a day off? Let us entertain them for the day and we will wear them out for you! From 10am – 6pm they will have lots of fun.
The day begins with an hour’s swim lesson in the morning concentrating on stroke technique followed by fun swimming quiz and roles or a life saver, after lunch we then head into the gym for a workout specially designed for children followed by a 2 hour swim session! If that doesn’t wear them out nothing will!! For advanced swimmers aged 8 years old and over.