We are committed to respecting your privacy.
We want to make sure all the personal information we have collected about you is safe and secure whether we collect it through our website or from other sources. This Policy set outs our commitments to you, in compliance with and beyond the General Data Protection Regulation (commonly known as the GDPR) and explains how we collect, store and use your personal information. We are registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) to ensure our compliance.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to the Swimming Tales Limited, Registered Office IS Pocknells Ltd, 46 Hullbridge Rd, South Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford CM3 5NG. Company number 5119147
This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice applies to you if you have registered to become or are a member of Swimming Tales. It explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we not required to do so, but we management has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation
What type of details do we collect from you
We collect the following personal details about you and your child during before, during or after your time as a customer, such as:
• Details of how we can contact you, such as your name, title, email address and phone number;
• Your child’s name, date of birth, gender and any medical information or special educational needs that may impact on their swimming tuition.
• Records of the courses each swimmer has attended over their time with us.
• Records of each swimmers attendance on a course
• Records of each swimmer’s progression and awards achieved
• Any disciplinary information or details of any issues you have us or we have with you.
Where do we get this information from & how is it used?
• We will normally collect personal information about a swimmer and their parent when they complete the registration form as a new customer or if they register to
our mailing list to receive details of our lessons, activities such as holiday swim courses , fun swims, and any other such special events held as well as a news letter
• We collect your name, email and contact number in order to send you details of the lessons you have booked, any changes to the dates and time and any lesson cancellations. We may also provide feedback on your child’s progress via email. We will use your email to provide information on our holiday courses and any other special event occurring at Swimming Tales
• We will also use your contact details to help answer any questions or queries regarding our services.
• We require information on each swimmer such as name, gender, date of birth, relevant medical information or special education needs. This information is important to help us ensure a safe & supportive environment for learning to take place.
• We track details of each swimmer’s progress to assess performance and identify how we can help you improve swimmer development and progression.
• If you have told us we can use your information in a certain way, you can tell us to stop using it at any time, by contacting email@example.com. However by not allowing us to store certain information may result in us being unable to provide you with our service due to health and safety reasons.
Third party sites
We use the services of a number of third party companies to help operate our services. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and they will be a data controller of your personal information and take on the direct responsibility for complying with the GDPR laws. The customer should check these policies before submitting any personal information to these websites.
Listed below are the companies that we use, the details of the information that they collect and the services they provide.
Morsolutions (https://wwwmorsolution.com/) – is an online swim course mangament system to help with the administration of Swimming Tales Ltd. It stores Swimming Tales clients information and has its own policy policy and is fully compliant of GDPR
GoCardless (https://gocardless.com/) –is used to set up direct debit payments for the swimming lesson fees. It requires the customer to input their name, email, bank details and address. The Swim School Manager can then track payments and request new payments for lessons via their secured GoCardless account.
Drop Box (https://dropbox.com) – This is an on line file sharing /storage system which the business uses to assist in the management. Access is restricted. It is also GDPR compliant
Storage and Security
We employ a variety of manual and electronic storage systems to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use, or disclosure of it. All electronic storage has the appropriate password protection and manual storage systems will be stored as securely as possible with restricted access.
Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet is guaranteed 100% secure nor is any storage of information always 100% secure, but we do take all appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal information.
How long do we keep personal information for?
We collect personal details from you for different reasons and so we might keep it for different lengths of time. For example, we might have to keep it for a long time for legal reasons, but most of the time, we will keep your details for 6 years after you last get in touch with us.
Keeping your details up to date and accurate
It is important to make sure that the details we hold about you are accurate and up-to-date. We rely on your support with this so make sure you let us know as soon as possible if your email address or phone number changes and we can update your records. Please also contact us as soon as possible if any information we have on you is inaccurate.
You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal data that we have been provided with by you or via our website or social media page will only be used by Swimming Tales Ltd.
Unless required to by law or safe guarding issue we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
• the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
• the right to access the personal information we hold about you
• the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
• the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances
• the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met
• the right to object to the processing of your personal information
• the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
• the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us on email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from any direct marketing for any of our swim courses or holiday activities/Activities by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages we send to you.
Can I unsubscribe?
You may also notice that there is the option at the bottom of your e-mails you receive to Unsubscribe. Whilst this may seem an appealing option at times given the amount of emails we all receive, we do advise that you think carefully before doing so as this means that you will not receive any updates, details of booking or re – booking, badges and swim school news in general as well as if we have to cancel any lessons unexpectedly. As a result you will need to find another way to source all the information that you require to be an active member.
Please set your junk email filters so that all emails ending with the address @swimmingtales,co.uk are received.
Will this policy be updated and how will I be notified?
This policy may be updated from time to time and we will inform you of this by email either as part of our newsletter or as a standalone document.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/. However, we are here to help and would encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
Certain parts of our Site use “cookies” to keep track of your visit and to help you navigate between sections. A cookie is a small data file that certain websites store on your computer’s hard-drive when you visit such websites. Cookies can contain information such as your user ID and the pages you have visited. The only personal information a cookie contains is information that you have personally supplied.